Based in Cardiff UK
13 February, 2018
Floating Cloud God and his devoted pilgrims return! Use the Playstation VR headset to take the pilgrims on an all-new adventure. Travel across colourful pop-up lands, uniquely presented as 2D platforms in a wraparound 3D space. More than 50 layered stages curve around the player as the pilgrims jump from platform to platform – left, right, in or out - to find a safe route to the exit.
‘Pop-Up Pilgrims’ is the fourth title developed and published by Dakko Dakko Ltd, and the first to have a name short enough to remember!
- Guide a group of pilgrims over vibrant pop-up islands on a quest to reclaim their beloved deity’s stolen source of power.
- Navigate layered 2D platforms, presented in a unique pop-up style made possible by PlayStation VR.
- Command multiple pilgrims seamlessly and intuitively; split the team up to manipulate the stage and collect items, or bunch together to defeat tougher enemies.
- Defeat six demonic bosses, from the enormous hungry toad whose pop-up tongue shoots out to grab pilgrims, to the rattling bones of the demon lord whose pounding fists smash the islands from under pilgrims’ feet.
- An outstandingly catchy original soundtrack matches the cheerily animated antics.
- A second non-VR player can enjoy a different view of the action on the TV, and can even control a special character to help collect items.
- Built in Dakko Dakko’s custom 2D VR engine, capable of rendering high definition images at a silky-smooth 120 frames per second.
Pop-Up Pilgrims (Announce Trailer) YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Dakko Dakko
Dakko Dakko is an independent game studio based in Cardiff, founded by Rhodri Broadbent in 2010.
More information on Dakko Dakko, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Pop-Up Pilgrims Credits
Design and Programming